Window tab of the run-time properties dialog contains settings related to the window the course launches in, and different behaviors of that window.
Document Size – Size of the document (and not the window it opens in). This dictates the bounds of the document editing area in the project. Choose one of the available recommended options (each option also specifies which target resolution it is appropriate for), or choose Custom and specify custom bounds.
Open project in
- New proportional window – Opens in a new window, proportional to the document size.
- New maximized / fullscreen window – Opens in a new window, in maximized or full-screen state, as possible.
- Current window – Opens in the current window.
- Current window and resize to fit – Opens in the current window, and attempts to resize the window to fit the document.
- User must press a button to begin – When unchecked, the course starts automatically when entering the launch page.
- User may resize the window – When checked, the learner can change the size of the course window.
- User may select text and content – When checked, the learner can select text and other contents in the course using the mouse, and optionally copy the contents.
- User may invoke the context-menu – When checked, the learner can use the right mouse button to open the browser’s native context-menu, which gives different options which may have undesirable results.
If the window becomes smaller than the document
- Scale document down (zoom out) – Scale (zoom) the document down so it fits the window.
- Show scrollbars – Keep the document at its original scale, and allow the learner to scroll around the window.
If the window becomes larger than the document
- Scale document up (zoom in) – Scale (zoom) the document up so it fits the window.
- Center document – Keep the document at its original scale, and center it in the window.
Window background color – When the window doesn’t fit the document, stripes of the window’s background color will show to accommodate for the space. This setting allows you to match the color of these stripes to your project.
Be advised that scaling will likely lead to loss of quality.