Projects can be easily translated using any translation tool that supports the common XLIFF standard.
Translation is a simple process:
- The Translation Manager, available via Project > Translations, is used to export the textual content of the entire project.
- A XLIFF-compliant translation tool is used to open and rapidly translate the exported text.
- The resulting translation is uploaded back to the Translation Manager.
- The translation can then be used to directly publish the project in the target language, in any publish format.
- For projects that require a little more fine tuning post-translation, it is also possible to create a duplicate of the current project in the target language.
Note that once a translation has been uploaded, it is possible to preview the project or any individual page in the project using the translation, without having to publish or duplicate the project.